Sunday, March 29, 2009

Shannon's Part

Mission trips have been a passion of mine for a while. My plan when I was younger was that I would grow up, become a missionary, move to Brazil and do soccer ministry, and then marry a Brazilian boy my plans have changed a little since then. However, my desire to do mission work, especially overseas where there are people who not only need the love of God but also basic necessities - has stayed. When I first got the call about Macedonia, I was immediately hooked. These people, especially the women, truly need us. Women in Macedonia are not treated well. They need to know that they are not worthless, that there is someone who will love them unconditionally and thinks that they are worth more than anything in the world. I want to be able to shower love on these Roma women and the Roma children that should be able to grow up knowing there is something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment